It is nearly Valentine's Day and Pancake Day is fast approacing so I thought it would be the perfect time to share this recipe.
This recipe is inspired by a recipe from Tasty. This recipe is plant based, suitable for vegans and those who suffer my milk or egg allergy. They are simple to make and delicious.
To make your pancakes heart shaped you need a mould which is available from Amazon.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk
- 1 cup of wholemeal flour
- 1-2 tablespoons of sugar (organic if possible)
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- small pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence or paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
1. Mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt) in a medium bowl.
2. Mix the wet ingredients (milk, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla) in a separate bowl.
3. Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture and pour in liquid ingredients, mix well with a whisk until smooth.
4. Allow the batter rest for 5 minutes.
5. Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat and pour 1/2 cup, 65 grams of batter into the pan.
6. When bubbles appear on the top of the pancake, flip and cook until both sides are golden.
7. Serve warm with fresh berries and drizzle of maple syrup.
The batter can also be used to make delicious waffles.
Please click here for printable recipe and nutritional breakdown.