Overnight Protein Oats
Oats are my favourite breakfast particularly as you can serve them with so many different flavours and toppings.
Overnight oats are very easy to prep because you simply soak them overnight and they are ready to eat by the morning. They can be served hot or cold and can be eaten on the go. This recipe contains 45g of protein per serving as well as, being high in fibre and low in sugars.
Prep: 5 mins (plus overnight soaking)
- 40g oats
- 40g quinoa flakes
- 150-200ml soya milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 9g flaxseed seeds (milled)
- 4g pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 30g fresh blueberries
- 50g fresh banana (sliced)
1. Mix all ingredients apart from the fresh fruit and leave overnight in the fridge.
2. Top with fresh banana and berries when ready to serve.
3. If you wish to have warm you can microwave for one 1 minute before serving, you may want to add a dash of milk if you find the consistency too thick.
4. For a sweeter option or to increase the carbohydrate content add 1-2 tsp of maple syrup or more fruit. To reduce the fat content you can remove the flaxseeds but remember they are a great source of good fats (omega-3).
If you don't have or prefer not to use protein powder, adding ground almonds will also increase the protein content.
Click here for printable recipe and nutritional information.