Roasted Garlic Hummus
Homemade hummus should contain less saturated fat and salt compared to the shop brought version and can make a healthy snack. It is a good source of protein, fibre and good fats.
This is a fantastic recipe I adapted from the BOSH cookbook. I have tried a name of different hummus recipes and none of them compare to this one.
You need to allow time to roast the garlic but otherwise its pretty quick.
Ingredients (5-10 servings)
3-4 cloves of garlic
1 x 400g tin chickpeas
1 tbsp of tahini
2 tbsp of lemon juice
1 -2 tsp of olive or rapeseed oil
2-3 tbsp of water
15g of fresh chives
Sprinkling of sea salt
Food processor or hand held bender.
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
2. Roast 1/2 garlic bulb in oven until soft (20-30 mins).
3. Remove from oven and leave to cool before peeling cloves and chopping.
4. Drain the chickpeas.
5. Blend all ingredients except chives into smooth paste.
6. Finely chop the chives and mix through.
Best served with freshly baked bread and vegetable sticks.
Will stay fresh when stored in airtight container in fridge for 3-4 days. Suitable for home freezing.
For full nutrition information on this recipe please click here.