Breakfast biscuits (gluten-free)
Who doesn't love biscuits for breakfast? Unfortunately, the majority of the pre-made breakfast biscuits available are very high in sugar. Our breakfast biscuits contain less than half the amount of sugar and salt but are also a great a source of fibre, good fats and fibre. They are gluten-free and to make a dairy free version just remove the protein powder. Happy baking :)
Prep time: 15 mins
Baking time: 15-20mins
They will store nicely for a week in an airtight container.
Ingredients (makes approx 16)
125g Oats, rolled (gluten-free)
100ml Olive oil
100g Buckwheat flour
30g Truvia or brown sugar
75g Almond flour
1 scoop Protein powder (optional)
1 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
1 tsp Ginger (fresh or ground), if fresh finely grated
1- 2 tbsp Koko coconut milk (or your choice of milk)
1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat oven to 180/Gas 4.
2. Mix the ground almonds, buckwheat flour, oats, Truvia/sugar, protein powder, bicarbonate of soda and spices together.
3. Add the olive oil and combine, if you find the dough is too dry add a dash of milk of your choice.
4. Scoop by the tablespoon and press into rounds on a lined baking tray.
5. Cook in the middle shelf of the oven for 15-20 minutes.
For full nutritional breakdown please follow link: